VOC's Outdoor Stewardship Institute (OSI) provides leading outdoor stewardship training to volunteers, land management agencies, and other stewardship organizations in Colorado and around the country. Volunteers and staff from any agency can take advantage of OSI's high-quality and affordable training courses to learn new skills and prepare for a variety of leadership roles. OSI works with experts in the field to develop and teach in-depth curriculum covering topics such as:
- Volunteer leadership/crew leading
- Trail design, building, maintenance, and restoration skills
- Ecological, habitat and fire restoration
- Volunteer project management
- Working with youth
- CPR/first aid
- Crosscut saw skills training and certification
- Drainage structure maintenance and installation
- Rock skills
OSI courses are open to anyone. We also offer customized trainings for specific agency needs. Read our course descriptions and browse the training calendar to view upcoming course dates and to register.
For more information, contact Dan at 303-715-1010, ext. 117.