VOC's Outdoor Stewardship Institute (OSI) provides outdoor stewardship training to volunteers, land management agencies, and stewardship organizations across the country.
Originally created in collaboration with other organizations, OSI offers affordable, in-depth training courses for volunteers and employees from any organization to learn or improve their stewardship skills and prepare for a variety of leadership roles. Our trainings take place March - October and include topics such as:
- Volunteer leadership/crew leading
- Trail design, building, maintenance, and restoration skills
- Ecological, habitat and fire restoration
- Volunteer project management
- Working with youth
- CPR/first aid
- Crosscut saw skills training and certification
- Drainage structure maintenance and installation
- Rock skills
Looking for further guidance on starting or enhancing your own outdoor stewardship programs? Check out VOC's Stepping Up Stewardship Toolkit at www.SteppingUpStewardship.org.