Find your family's place in caring for Colorado.
Volunteering with Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado (VOC) is a great way for your children and family to learn about our state's diverse outdoor places and how to care for them in a fun and unforgettable way! Keep an eye out for these family-friendly opportunities, available each year during our project season (April through October):
- Young Stewards: These half-day volunteer projects are exclusively for families with children ages 6-12 and are designed to engage the entire family in hands-on education and stewardship tasks, such as planting native species, removing invasive weeds, educational nature walks and outdoor games.
- Family Camping: Our Family Camping projects are open to individuals as well as families with children ages 6+. On these, adults and siblings ages 12+ spend the weekend working on a stewardship project (such as building or maintaining a trail) while children ages 6-12 participate in fun and educational outdoor activities. At the end of the day, everyone comes together around the campfire to share stories and smores!
- Other Youth Opportunities: We often have many other volunteer opportunities that are open to youth ages 6+. To find these, view our project calendar and select the youngest age you are looking to bring using the "Youth Ages Allowed" filter at the top of the calendar. Then, find the project(s) that interest you and register the family! You'll receive important details like directions and what to bring a few weeks before the project.
- All youth under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- On single-day projects, youth ages 16-17 may volunteer without an adult but must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- For overnight projects, all youth under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.