To protect our state’s natural treasures and increase public engagement, the Initiative will grow the vital long-term infrastructure Colorado needs to improve land stewardship in Colorado.
The Initiative will also advance common stewardship best practices, clarity and unity around measuring project success, and substantial new shared resources–including unlocking a $1.2 million dollar new investment in outdoor stewardship from GOCO.
Outdoor stewardship professionals, volunteers, land managers, and other interested individuals are invited to attend the COSC's six regional workshops to shape the next phase of the SSI and learn about the newly published Outdoor Stewardship Best Practices Guide and receive training on a new universal mapping and accomplishment database. Learn more and register at the links below:
- Jan. 30: Southeast Region @ Colorado Springs
- Feb. 20: Central Mountains Region @ Eagle
- Feb. 21: Western/Northwestern Region @ Grand Junction
- Mar. 7: Southwestern Region @ Durango
- Mar. 8: Southcentral Region @ Poncha Springs