The VOC project selection process strives to select a diverse slate of projects that address agency and partner organization priorities; provide a safe, fun, and rewarding volunteer experience; and meet local community needs.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Projects will be reviewed and selected as they come in.
Although you may submit applications at any time of the year, we ask that applications for 2020 projects be submitted as soon as possible for best consideration; this allows ample time for project scouting, marketing, and volunteer recruitment. Applicants with high-altitude projects are encouraged to submit as early as possible to allow for project scouting before winter conditions set in.
Before Submitting Your Project
- We recommend familiarizing yourself with VOC projects. Click here to view the current project schedule.
- Review the services VOC provides to partners here.
- Review our Project Selection Criteria to ensure your project is eligible.
After Submitting Your Project
- You will receive an initial confirmation upon submitting your project application. After your application is reviewed, you will be contacted by a VOC staff member or volunteer project scout to schedule a site visit and discuss your proposal in greater detail.
- Once your project is accepted or declined, you will be notified by a VOC staff member. We will make every effort possible to decide in a timely manner once your application is received; all notifications will be made by the end of the 2019 calendar year.
If Your Project is Selected
- If your project is selected, it will go through a scheduling process at the beginning of 2020. During this period, VOC coordinates with our numerous project partners to determine the best calendar of projects for the coming season.
- Upon selection of a project date, all final agreed-upon details relating to funding, logistics and the scope of work will be entered into a Scope of Service Agreement that both VOC and partners will review and sign.
- Finally, your agency/organization will be asked to appoint a representative to serve on the VOC project team assigned to your project. Together the team will help plan, organize, and implement the project; this may include participating in conference calls, site visits, and additional meetings as needed.