Since 1984, Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado (VOC) has been partnering with land managers and organizations across Colorado.
Together, we engage volunteers in rewarding stewardship efforts that care for Colorado’s outdoors and natural resources. Here are the resources we offer to our partners:
- Volunteer project development and management for land managers – VOC partners with land managers to develop and execute outdoor volunteer projects of all sizes that accomplish the stewardship needs of the land manager, engage the public in stewardship, and provide a rewarding experience for volunteers. Agencies and organizations interested in partnering with VOC on an outdoor volunteer project are encouraged to submit an application for consideration.
- Outdoor stewardship training – VOC’s Outdoor Stewardship Institute (OSI) provides a variety of high quality training courses in crew leadership, trail design/construction/maintenance, ecological restoration, volunteer project management, and much more. Learn more about OSI.
- Colorado Outdoor Stewardship Coalition – This statewide collaboration of non-profit stewardship organizations and federal, state and local land managers is hosted and staffed by VOC. Among the coalition's many efforts are stewardship forums held around the state and data collection and reporting on statewide impact of volunteer stewardship. Learn more about the Coalition.
- Partnership office – VOC works in close partnership with the U.S. Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management to operate a partnership office in the San Luis Valley. Sally Wier – VOC's volunteer and partnership manager – is stationed at this office and works with land managers to grow volunteer stewardship programs in the area. Contact Sally Wier to learn more.
- Online Toolkit, technical expertise, and capacity building – VOC has compiled our 34 years of best practices into the Stepping Up Stewardship Toolkit, offering free guides and best practices on a variety of outdoor stewardship topics. These guides can be supplemented with custom training for technical expertise and consulting services on volunteer management, capacity building, and more.